Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 9 - Angels

I have always loved the TV show Touched by an Angel. Lately, the Hallmark channel has been playing three episodes a night and I have become obsessed. I am not an overly religious person, but I would like to believe that there are angels walking amongst us humans. Isn't it a lovely thought? No matter what you believe, the idea that humans are so precious to the creator that he sends angels to help them makes me feel cherished.

I love the overlying message in Touched by an Angel. God created you. God loves you. You are special and beloved. I just can't seem to get enough of hearing that. What a beautiful thing to hear, even if it is just actors on TV. I think we as humans should say it more often to each other.

I believe that there is something out there that we as humans will never understand or comprehend. Whether it is God, or Allah, or just the Universe, there is something that is bigger than our human brains can ever comprehend. Look at the beauty that surrounds you. I know that scientists feel they can explain everything away, and break it down to the smallest atom, but I think it is so much more than just atoms and particles. There is a life force in every living creature that goes beyong our understanding. What a spectacular thing the earth and its creatures are. And the idea of angels walking among us is just a bonus to add to the beauty that we can see.


So go with God (or Allah, or whatever you believe in) and peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment