Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 52 - Truth and Little White Lies

Today I was honest.

Unfortunately, people don't appreciate it when you are honest.

Then again, I wasn't kind.

People really don't appreciate it when you are both honest and unkind.

But seriously, you can only bite your tongue for so long before it begins to bleed.

I've always wished I was better at confrontation. I tend to back away and smooth over any type of argument. I think that this is a very unhealthy habit. For one thing, I go around being angry while the person I'm annoyed with thinks everything is great, or worse - thinks that I approve.
Not that they need my approval, but shouldn't they know what I truly think? I mean, a real friend will tell you that yes, that dress does make your butt look big. At least, the friends that I value the most would. Who wants someone around who just tells you what you want to hear and then lets you make a fool of yourself?

Do I feel bad about being honest and unkind? Unkind - yes. Honest - no. Not to make an excuse, but all my buttons have been pushed and I am a stick of dynamite ready do explode. Ok, that's an excuse, but can I help it if a little steam escaped? Well, maybe I could have, but there's no point in crying over spilled milk. It is what it is. I'm not perfect and I'll make mistakes. Time to move on...

48 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment