Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 53 - The Secret

I feel good! You know why? Because I decided that enough was enough - if I'm supposed to be more joyful, then I need to stop wallowing and start being joyful. Bottom line - life isn't perfect and the people who surround me will not act the way I feel they should. I need to get over myself and change the way I think. In order to help me with this, I re-watched The Secret. I was first introduced to The Secret in January 2009. The Secret explains the Law of Attraction and how our thoughts attract things into our lives. So if we are always negative, then we attract negativity. If we are positive, we attract positivity. It's a fascinating concept and watching the video makes me feel that anything is possible.

Here are just a few things I learned:

1. In order to live a more abundant life, I simply have to follow these three steps:
Step 1 - Ask
Step 2 - Believe
Step 3 - Receive
The universe WILL bring me what I want, but I have to truly believe that it is possible. Any thought, negative or positive, will actualize into my life. If I constantly think about debt, the universe will bring me more debt. If I think about about love, it will bring me more love.

2. Appreciation brings support. - Being grateful for what you have will bring more abundance into your life. If you want nicer clothes, you have to the grateful for the clothes you have first. If you want people to support you, you must be grateful for the support they have already given you.

3. When you visualize, then you materialize. - Visualize the things you want. Actually picture yourself driving the new car or wearing the fancy clothes.

4. How can you expect anyone to enjoy your company when you don't enjoy your own company? - enough said.

5. Focus on what you appreciate about other people. - If someone is getting on your nerves, think about all the things you enjoy about them and write them down. Focus on them. Eventually, the negative feelings will dissolve.

6. Only one person can be in charge of your joy, and that's you. Your joy lies within you. - The point of this whole blog, finding the joy within myself. You are responsible for your own happiness, you shouldn't expect others to make you happy.

7. Being angry at something adds energy to it. "What you resist, persists." - Instead of being anti-war, be pro-peace.

8. Energy flows where attention goes. - If you are angry or upset about something all of your energy goes toward that object and brings more of it into your life. Focus your attention on the things you want more of. If you want more happiness, focus on being happy.

The Secret left me with this question: What are you going to do now? What are you going to choose now? Well, I choose joy. I choose to focus on writing about things that make me happy. I choose to focus on the smiles of my children and the love of my husband. I choose my friends and evenings filled with laughter. I choose to FEEL GOOD!

Here's a great quote that sums it all up:
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

And you absolutely must check out The Secret's website: http://www.thesecret.tv/

No comments:

Post a Comment