Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 22 - Winners and Losers

Right now the people of New Orleans are feeling really good, while the people of Indianapolis are not. For me, I would have to say I'm in the latter category since I was rooting for the Saints to win the Super Bowl. My dad has always been a fan and my friend Darla is a huge fan that kept us updated on the season whether we wanted to know about it or not.

It's a really good feeling to win. Even vicariously through a group of people you hardly know. Isn't it amazing how easily our emotions are affected by the successes and failures of a team we've taken on as our own? I wonder if all the positive energy really makes a difference? I know the other team is rooting equally hard for their team to be victorious, but what if your team just has a little more energy behind it? A lot is based on skill, but some things are really left to chance, luck, fate, or whatever you wish to call it. What if that is affected by the fans? Can positive fans push a team to the top? Hmmm...I think I'm thinking too hard.

Anyway - I'm finding great joy in the Saint's victory. What a wonderful thing for a city that has been through so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment