Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 16 - I Think, Therefore I Am...

Hmmm, it's only day 16 and I've run out of things to write about. Maybe I'm just thinking about this too much. I'm supposed to be bringing joy into my life, not creating another thing on my to do list.

Do you ever wonder if we would find more joy if we just allowed ourselves to think less? Instead of worrying about all the things that need to get done in the evenings, wouldn't it be better if I just enjoyed the moments with my family? Instead of over-analyzing every situation, wouldn't it be better if I just relaxed and accepted it for what it is?

On a daily basis, I should just enjoy the blessings that my job brings me instead of always feeling like I have to do more or make things better. If I am reaching one student, why do I feel that I have to reach them all?

There are many fantastic, wonderful, super things about my life that I take for granted because I always feel that I should be pushing for more.

Including myself. Instead of always trying to be something more, I think I would find more joy if I could accept myself as I am. I am steady, dependable, kind, trustworthy, and introverted. Why have I always chaffed at those aspects of myself and labeled the being that is me as boring? WHY? There's nothing wrong with any of those qualities - and they aren't the whole picture of who I am.

I AM.

That's it - just me. I don't have to think - the energy that is me exists whether I think or not.

I AM and I AM GOOD. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment