Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 21 - Make a Positive Impact

I just finished How Full is Your Bucket by Tom Rath and Donald D. Clifton. It is a very inspiring read and gives some very scientific evidence on how positive attitudes make a significant difference everywhere, especially in the workplace and at home. It really makes you wonder why more corporate executives (or school administrators) haven't tried this approach. Instead of focusing on the weaknesses of their employees, Rath suggests that managers need to focus on the strengths of their employees in order to increase productivity.

I decided to go to the companion website and take the positive impact test. This test shows how much of a positive impact your attitude has on those around you. On a scale of 1-100, I only scored a 14!!! WOW! What a wake-up call. I really need to change how I interact with people and make sure that I'm not dipping into buckets. I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed with myself. I really thought I was more of a bucket filler than that, but it goes to show that we are not always as good as we perceive ourselves to be.

Go to www.bucketbook.com and take the positive impact test to see if you're a bucket dipper or filler...

No comments:

Post a Comment