Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sweet Tea at Sunrise

Sweet Tea at Sunrise by Sheryl Woods

Newly divorced mom, Sarah, has come back home to Serenity, North Carolina to rebuild her life with her two young children. Emotionally battered by her ex-husband and family, Sarah suffers from an extreme lack of self-confidence. Enter Travis McDonald, a sweet-talking ex-baseball player. Travis has opened a new radio station in Serenity and he wants Sarah to be his morning deejay. As they begin to work together, sparks start to fly, but can Sarah ever believe that she is the woman Travis really wants?

Sweet Tea at Sunrise is #5 in the Sweet Magnolias Series. I would highly recommend reading some of the other books in the series before trying this one. While the romance part of the story stands alone, there were many references to past events that just made no sense to me. Also, there were way too many characters. I had to keep backtracking to figure out who was related or who a person was. I'm sure that if I started with the first book in the series this would have been less confusing.

Sarah suffers from way too much self-doubt. I'm sure that her marriage was hard on her, but not only did she lack self-confidence, but she also lacked any spunk. Instead of facing her problems or doubts head-on, she just kept avoiding them. Instead of acting like a mature adult and having conversations with Travis, she would either argue with him, avoid him, or kiss him senseless. I also didn't like how her friends kept telling her what to do and treating her like she was a child. This was a bit annoying for me. The ending was also a bit abrupt. I did like many of the side characters. I'm interested in reading more of their stories.


1 comment:

  1. I think this would annoy me too, but I have to say I love the title. Maybe the other books in the series are better.

    ReplyDelete