Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Food of Love

The Food of Love by Anthony Capella

This is a mouthwatering book. Laura, an American studying in Rome, meets Tommaso. Tomasso claims to be a chef to impress her and convinces his friend Bruno, who is a chef, to help him with the charade. For Tommaso, this is just another conquest, but for Bruno, this is love. Bruno pours his love into the dishes he creates for Laura and she falls deeper into love with Tommaso, believing that he is the one that is fulfilling her appetite for authentic Italian cuisine.

The descriptions of the food are sumptuous and delectable. It made me want to eat Italian food every night that I was reading it. Unfortunately, it's not easy to get the delicious fare described in the story.

A modern retelling of Cyrano de Bergerac, this case of mistaken identity, true love, and finding your passion is a satisfying read. I give this book four out of five stars.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm, this book doesn't make it easier to leave my home made pasta by my italian boyfriend for lunch at work, in the fridge instead of starting to eat after 8pm, now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I started reading your review I thought that it sounded like a modern Cyrano!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review...this is going on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete