Saturday, February 5, 2011

Summer in Tuscany

Summer in Tuscany by Elizabeth Adler


Gemma is an overworked doctor trying to escape from the pain of her past. When her elderly mother, Nonna, receives news that she has received an inheritance, both women, along with Gemma's 14-year-old daughter, head to Bella Piacere. Bella Piacere is where Nonna lived as a until her teenage years, and this trip is a special homecoming for her. The women learn that Nonna has inherited a villa, but there are complications with the inheritance. Apparently, the villa has been bought by the handsome New Yorker Ben Raphael. Sparks fly between Ben and Gemma, a friendship blossoms between their seemingly opposite daughters, and even Nonna gets a shot at romance.


This was a fun book. A bit predictable. Gemma was a bit annoying, but once I learned the truth about her previous relationship, I understood her a little better. The descriptions of Italy made my desire to visit even stronger. Of course, the love of a good man and the beauty of the country help Gemma to find peace and happiness in herself. My favorite character was Nonna. I loved her transformation from Italian widow to Genteel Villa Owner.


I would give this book three out of five stars. I liked it, but it wasn't amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment