Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 92 - Rejuvenation

I've just returned from the state library conference. I really enjoy going to conference. Not just because I get to miss work for three days, but because it gives me an opportunity to learn about new things. It gets me excited about my job again. I hear speeches from some of the most creative people in my profession, and I get to meet a few of my favorite authors. I visit with vendors who may be able to provide products to make my job easier or more fun. My first TLA conference is where I fell in love with storytelling. I've even met Julie Andrews and gotten her to sign a book for me (For those of you who don't know, Julie Andrews has been a writer for quite a long time. She writes under the name, Julie Andrews Edwards).

I think it's important to take some time to rejuvenate yourself. The conference isn't always convenient and it can be expensive, but it is always worth it. I return home with a renewed sense of purpose. I feel excited not only about the current school year but about the next one also.

So if there is something you are passionate about, but are feeling a bit unmotivated or burned out, see if you can attend a conference or class. It may just rekindle the spark you are missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment