Saturday, July 30, 2011

Reading Challenge Update

So here is where I stand so far:
Italy in Books Challenge:
1. The Food of Love by Anthony Capella
2. Summer in Tuscany by Elizabeth Adler
3. Juliet by Anne Fortier
4. Finding Positano by William James
5. Tuscany for Beginners by Imogene Edwards-Jones
6. The Neapolitan Steak by Timothy Holme
7. Tuscan Holiday by Holly Chamberlin
Only 5 more to go!

Southern Literature Challenge
1. Sweet Tea at Sunrise by Sherryl Woods
2. Sunrise by Jacquelyn Cook
3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Only 1 more to go!

Gilmore Girls Challenge
1. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
2. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
4. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Not doing so great with this one.  May have to give it up and try again when it is the only one to focus on.  The hardest part about this challenge is that you have to read the specific books, you can't just read whatever books you want.

Classics
See Gilmore Girls Challenge.  I'm really struggling with my original resolution.  These books take me so much longer to get through.  Currently I'm reading War and Peace and Madame Bovary.  There isn't a number amount that I have to accomplish here, I just want to read as many as I can.

War and Peace Read-a-Long
I am currently in Book 11.  Hard to know the page number since I'm reading it on my kindle, but I am over 63 percent done so I should finish just in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment