Friday, June 18, 2010

Accepting Myself

When I am truly myself,
I find it easy to smile.
I feel joyous and enthusiastic about my life.
I know where I am going.
I feel at peace, inside and out.
~Soul Catcher

I love this little poem so much that I have it on the desktop of my computer. It reminds me to be myself. Whenever I try to force myself into the mold that someone else has set for me, I end up being very unhappy and unfulfilled with my life.

A few things I've had to accept:
~I just do not like to garden. I love gardens, but I truly detest having to create and maintain one.
~I will never look like the women on TV. I do need to be at a healthier size, but I have to accept that I will never have the long legs and torso of Julia Roberts.
~It is okay that I am not a helicopter parent who has to live her life through her children. It is okay that I have a separate identity from my children.

It is okay for me to be ME! That's why I love the commandment that Gretchen Rubin has in The Happiness Project - Be Gretchen. So that is what I try to do - be Lynn. It's a pretty great place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment